Moreton in Marsh. The "Marsh" oddly enough comes from "march" meaning boundary. It was where four counties met. The wide main street is typical of many Cotswold towns.
Look for the Curfew Tower, where the bell rung out the curfew until as recently as 1860
There are a number of antique shops and a scattering of other art shops.
There was a big wartime airfield here (now a fire brigade training station) and as a consequence a Wellington Museum dedicated to aircraft on the outskirts of the town, heading west
|Cotswolds Information Cotswolds Information front page|
|good hotels in the Cotswolds hotels in the Cotswolds|
Moreton in Marsh, Gloucestershire Cotswolds